Welcome to the Phoenix Chapter of GSW
In 1982 a fearless and daunting woman by the name of Betty Kiser started a Gold Star Wives chapter in the Phoenix area. At one time the chapter grew to 250 members but currently stands at 163. A big portion of our members are elderly ladies with connection to WWII. We also have widows from the Korean war, Vietnam war and OIF/OEF.
Phoenix Chapter Officers 2017-2018
||Patty Termini Nisa Stansbarger
Our chapter is quite active in the greater Phoenix area. Our members are active in all aspects of community service.
- Volunteer at the VA home and hospital
- Staffing of the veterans booth at the state fair
- Standdown in Maricopa
- Veterans Day parade throughout the valley
- Memorial Day and Wreaths Across America at the National Cemetery
- Pearl Harbor Day celebration
- Veterans Medical Leadership Council luncheon
- Vietnam veterans celebrations
- Massing of the colors at several area high schools
- Sacaton Iwo Jima parade
- Attendance at veteran’s programs at Akimel and Navarette schools
- Packing of boxes for soldiers at several locations
- Retiree day at Luke
- Liaison with Survivor Outreach Services across the United States
- Co-hosted three picnics for Gold Star families
- Co-ordinate Snowball Express at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport.
- Participate in Christmas party for Wounded Warriors and our deceased Heroes
- Hosted a presentation for Vietnam widows to present them a certificate of appreciation from our government
- Our members volunteer at area nursing homes, churches, Veteran’s organizations and various charities and functions throughout greater Phoenix and Arizona
Our Chapter holds meetings from September through June. Meetings are held on the first Saturday of each month with the exception of the December Christmas Luncheon and June luncheon for the installation of officers. The meetings are held at the location below.
Arizona State Veterans Home
4141 N Herrera Way (AKA N. 3rd St)
Phoenix, AZ 85012